How to Verify a Site for Google
How to Start in an Online Business
Phase 3 – Step 14
You can view all of my Posts by clicking on the following Link: HelpMeGetMine.com
Google and Bing are the two largest Search Engines on the web, and they will be mainly responsible for sending you most of your Traffic. So, you need to make sure that you know How to Verify a Site for Google, as well as, for Bing, so that they are finding your pages and posts, and begin Ranking them in the Search Results. This is otherwise known as Indexing and Ranking. Fortunately, Google has a tool to allow you to see these results, monitor them, review any website errors, and more. It is known as: Google Search Console, and is FREE to use.
What is Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a FREE service that lets you learn a great deal of information about your website and the people who visit it. You can use it to find out things like how many people are visiting your site and how they are finding it, whether more people are visiting your site on a mobile device or desktop computer, and which pages on your site are the most popular. It can also help you find and fix website errors, submit a Sitemap, and create and check a robots.txt file.
Before you can access Google Search Console, you must first create or sign in to a Gmail Account.
Set up a Gmail Account
Create a Gmail Account or Sign in as follows:
- Open up a Browser.
- Key in: http://www.google.com/ and click: Search
- Click on: ‘Gmail’ Link (upper right corner).
- You will be directed to a Sign in Page (for those that already have a Gmail Account) or presented with an option to Create a Gmail Account. If you need to create one, fill in the required information.
- Once that has been completed and your signed in, you will directed to your Gmail Account Page.
- Here, you can click on the 9 squares (upper right) in order to access all of the Google Apps.
- Scroll down and find: ‘Webmaster Tools’ and click on: ‘Add Shortcut’.
- You will then, click on that shortcut in order to access: ‘Webmaster Tools’ and the Google Search Console. Leave this window open.
Add & Verify Your Site in Google & Bing
If you’re new to Google Search Console, you’ll need to Add and Verify your site before you can do anything else. Add your site for Google as follows:
- Open a new window and Log in to Wealthy Affiliate. Then, click on: Siterubix tab > Site Manager > Log in > Login Now.
- Copy your site’s URL from the Search window (top) and Paste it into the window next to: ‘Add Property’ (this will insure no Key in errors). Leave your Dashboard open.
- Click on: ‘Alternate Method’. You will receive a ‘Meta Code’ Tag.
- Open up a blank Word Processing document.
- You will now need to Copy & Paste only a portion of the ‘Meta Code’ Tag to the document (to be used later).
- Copy only the portion of the Tag that is in between the double quotes that are after ‘content=’. (Do not include the double quote marks) and Paste it into your blank Word Processing document.
- Once you grab that Code, leave the window open, and now you will complete similar steps for Bing.
Add your site for Bing as follows:
- Click on: Bing Webmaster Tools
- You will now, need to either Create or Log In to your MSN Account (There is no need to set up a complete new email address you can use your Gmail Account.). Fill in the required personal information.
- Once again you will need to enter your URL (Copy & Paste it as you did before).
- The ‘Meta Code’ Tag is instantly visible in Bing.
- Copy & Paste the same portion of the Code as you did before (in a separate line in your document).
- Continue to leave the window open.
Now, complete the following Steps in order to Verify your site for both Google and Bing:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard, point to: ‘All in One SEO’ and click on: ‘General Settings’.
- Scroll down near the end to the: ‘Webmaster Verification’ area.
- Copy & Paste the appropriate Codes from your Word Processing document into the appropriate windows for both Google and Bing.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on: ‘Update Options’.
- Now, return to the open Google Search Console window and click on: ‘Verify‘. Your website is now Verified in Google Search Console.
- Now, go to the Bing Webmaster Tools open window and click on: ‘Verify‘. Your website is now Verified with Bing also!
- You may have noticed that there is also an area for Pinterest Site Verification. I would not recommend doing this now. I will come back to this at a later time.
Your site has been Added & Verified for both Google and Bing!
Please leave a Comment or ask a Question in the Comments section below and let me know how this went for you.
Before you can begin Analyzing Data, you must first acquire it, and then, understand it. Since it can sometimes take some time to acquire Data for a new site, we will proceed to another area, while your Data is being collected. We will return to this area and explore it fully in a little bit.
When you are ready, see my next Post: What is a Google Plus Account? – Phase 3 – Step 15.